2021 Joint Legislative Budget Hearing Witness Request Scheduling Form
Important Notice to Prospective Witnesses – Please Read Carefully
- Thank you for your interest in testifying at the 2021 Joint Legislative Budget Hearing.
- In the interest of public health and safety, the hearings will be conducted virtually using web-based video conferencing.
- If you wish to present oral testimony at a Joint Legislative Budget Hearing, please completely fill out the form below and submit to both firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com no later than 48 hours prior to the scheduled time of the hearing.
- Upon review of the form submitted, the Legislative Committees will make a determination as to whether you will be scheduled to testify. While the Committees will endeavor to schedule as many persons to testify as is possible, representing a wide divergence of views, time constraints may not allow for all witnesses to testify in person.
- If you are notified that you will be a witness, please submit your written testimony to both firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com no later than 48 hours prior to the scheduled time of the hearing.
- Failure to submit testimony electronically in a timely manner will result in a witness not being permitted to testify.
- Witnesses Will Have 3 Minutes In Which To Present Their Oral Testimony. After this time, Legislators may ask the witnesses questions concerning either their oral testimony or their previously submitted written testimony.
- Witnesses are strongly urged not to read their written testimony when testifying. Instead, the presentation of an oral summary of your written testimony, not exceeding 3 minutes, would be the best and most effective use of your time.
- You can submit written testimony instead of testifying in person. Please send an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com no later than the close of business on the day of the hearing.
- Only one person will be allowed to testify from any organization.
- Note: No substitutions of witnesses or submitted testimony will be permitted.
- The Committees reserve the right to decline to allow presentation of any requested testimony if any of these rules are not complied with.
NO POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS, PLACARDS, OR SIGNS ARE PERMITTED.
The committees will use their best efforts to contact you as soon as possible if you have been chosen as a witness to testify in person. In the event the committees have not responded to you at least 48 hours prior to the hearing, it is strongly recommended that you submit your written testimony to meet the above-required deadline.