2022 Joint Legislative Budget Hearing Witness Request Scheduling Form
Important Notice to Prospective Witnesses – Please Read Carefully
- Thank you for your interest in testifying at the 2022 Joint Legislative Budget Hearing.
- In the interest of public health and safety, the hearings will be conducted virtually using web-based video conferencing.
- If you wish to be a witness at a Joint Legislative Budget Hearing, please completely fill out the witness request form below and submit your written testimony to both email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the due dates and times listed in the chart below.
- Upon review of the form submitted, the Legislative Committees will make a determination as to whether you will be scheduled to testify. While the Committees will endeavor to schedule as many persons to testify as is possible, representing a wide divergence of views, time constraints may not allow for all witnesses to testify.
- Failure to submit testimony electronically by the due date/time will result in the witness not being permitted to testify.
- Witnesses will have 3 minutes in which to present their oral testimony. After this time, Legislators may ask the witnesses questions concerning either their oral testimony or their previously submitted written testimony.
- Witnesses are strongly encouraged to summarize their key points in their oral testimony and not simply read from their written testimony. Instead, the presentation of an oral summary of your written testimony, not exceeding 3 minutes, would be the best and most effective use of your time.
- You can submit written testimony instead of testifying in person. Please send an electronic copy to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on the day of the hearing.
- Note: No substitutions of witnesses or submitted testimony will be permitted.
- The Committees reserve the right to decline to allow presentation of any requested testimony if any of these rules are not complied with.
NO POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS, PLACARDS, OR SIGNS ARE PERMITTED.
|Joint Legislative Hearing & Hearing Date||Request to Testify by 5 p.m.||Submission of Written Testimony Due by 5 p.m. For Individuals Giving Oral Testimony||Submission of Written Testimony
Due by 5 p.m.
|January 20||January 22||January 25|
Elementary & Secondary Education
|January 20||January 23||January 26|
1. Workforce Development
|January 26||January 27||January 31|
|January 26||January 28||February 1|
|January 26||January 29||February 2|
|February 2||February 3||February 7|
|February 2||February 4||February 8|
|February 2||February 5||February 9|
|February 9||February 10||February 14|
|February 9||February 11||February 15|
1. Economic Development
|February 9||February 12||February 16|
Due to time constraints, witnesses/organizations seeking to give oral testimony at the 2022 Joint Legislative Budget Hearing will only be permitted to testify at ONE hearing. The submission of written testimony in lieu of oral testimony at multiple hearings is strongly encouraged.