Assemblywoman Michaelle C. Solages, Senator Anna Kaplan, Nassau University Medical Center, and the Cancer Services Program of Nassau County are hosting a mobile mammography van outside of Dani’s Strike Zone, at 20 Village Avenue in Elmont, NY on Dec. 12 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. If you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please call (516) 599-2972.
Mammography Van Eligibility:
Appointments are required.
- Must be female and 40 years or older.
- No mammograms in the past year.
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Never diagnosed with breast cancer.
- No implants or breast issues, such as breast discharge.
- If you have health insurance, you will need a prescription from your doctor for a Bilateral Mammogram. If you do not have insurance, the prescription is not necessary.
- Individuals who do not have health insurance will be processed through the Cancer Services Program of New York, if eligible.
On the Day of Your Appointment:
- Please do not wear deodorant, perfume, powders, lotions, or creams on the breast area.
- Please bring photo ID and insurance card, if insured.
- Nassau University Medical Center is taking enhanced safety measures during
- COVID-19 for your safety. Social distancing measures are in place.
- All clients and staff must wear a mask at all times. On the day of your appointment, a nurse will ask you to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire.